Friday, January 8, 2010

Today is Friday. Now is early morning 7.05 am. It is raining heavily outside. I don't know why I wake up so early today. When I was awoke, I couldn't fall back sleep. It might be due to the cup of coffee I drank yesterday evening and it made be so restless. I had difficulty to fall asleep yesterday night. Maybe I should drink my coffee earlier.
Yesterday evening, I met with a Chinese, 50 years old, male patient who had polio myelitis and now, he is paralysed due to spinal cord injury. He is a nice person and has a quite sympathetic background but I regretted that why I didn't do his central nervous system physical examination. It is because when I introduced him to my friend who needed a CNS case, they did this examination and the reflexes were very brisk. I thought of doing it this morning but it is raining heavily now. In addition, I promised the patient to visit him this morning.
I know weather is not a problem. During raining days, I can carry an umbrella but I don't know why I planned to do my laundry instead. If the rain stops, I might go but if it doesn't, I will just do my laundry and do so reading. Maybe I will go tomorrow morning. I really regret for not doing his examination. This make me to feel guilty that I am not practicing my physical examination lately. I must really catch up quickly. case summary, presentation, long cases...

No comments: