Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Today is my second day of my Surgery posting/attachment. Yesterday, in our group discussion, I was being selected to become the group 6 leader. There was no one wanted to become the leader and I didn't know how to say no, so I was being selected without much opposition. On the contrary, Group 5 had some hot discussion on who should be the next leader and no one wanted to become one. As we all know, that this position is not an easy one and is a very troublesome one. Of course, people will try not to take up this responsibility and me, on the other hand, took it up without any struggle. Haihz...What a typical me? But, when you think on the other side, if I take up this job now, then I no need to become the leader in the coming postings which is nearer to the final exam.
Until now, my job encircles around contacting doctors-in-charge to make appointments, getting the attendant slips and making ward and clinic rosters. All these make me headache. In case you guys don't know, whenever I take up any position or tasks, the feeling of responsibility in me is so great that make me to perform my duty as good as possible and this will make me miserable as I will worry about the tasks that I haven't complete thus this will affect my mood to study. Haihz... Another thing is that, I tend to make early plannings but doctors and specialists that are coming to teach us are so busy that they can only confirm the time with you the day or the afternoon before the actual day. So this make me even more miserable. Haihz... I really wished that I didn't take up this position. Haihz...
Luckily, for the coming 2 days, the plans are settled. So now, I can concentrate on my study. So many new things need to study.
As now I am in Surgery posting, the cases in this ward is slightly different from the Medicine ward. They are more on the cases that need surgery like acute abdomen, cancer (breast, colon), stones (gall stones, renal stones), herniaes and many more. They are very interesting but I am lacking of knowledge on the information that I should get from the patients and the physical examination techniques. I hope that I can catch up by this weekend.

No comments: