Yesterday evening, I went to watch the new James Cameron's movie - Avatar. Actually I didn't know what was the movie about but when I saw the movie preview the other day, I thought it would be very nice. After watching it, it was indeed very nice. You can read the synopsis in the following link :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)
It was about a new moon, Pandora, where there was a valuable mineral that can help the explorer to earn million and million of dollars. But the place where this mineral is located is an area where the moon's aborigines, the Na'vi, stay. The aborigines look like blue humanoid cat with a tail. In order to understand their culture and their needs, the human produced the similar alien using the aborigines' DNA and the chosen human DNA, just like in vitro baby. The produced alien is known as AVATAR. There is this guy who was supposed to enter this avatar was unfortunately dead during a mission and there was no one to use his avatar. Luckily he got a twin brother, Jake Sully, an ex-marine army but was paralysed during a mission who can drive his avatar. After much thinking, he decided to help out since he cannot go back to the marine.
After he started to drive the Avatar, he found a new life where he can walk again, learned about bonding and the beauty of Mother nature. He also fell in love with the a Na'vi's young female, Neytiri. When the explorers' were pressured by the money investors, they inhumanely attacked the Pandora and destroyed the home of hundreds of Na'vi and also killed hundreds of Na'vis that try to protect their home as well as their loved ones. Jake Sully and the other biologists could not stand with such violence that they started to help out the Na'vis and they succeeded but many had to be sacrified. In the end, Jake Sully stayed back and remained as Avatar forever.
Comments:
I liked the effects that had used in the movie. The forest was so beautiful at night. And the creatures in that forest were very beautiful but they resembled the animals on Earth. I liked the part where Jake Sully as a avatar interact with the Na'vis and the love relationship between him and Neytiri. I liked and I was sad too for the part where the Na'vis fight for their home and loved ones. I hated the inhumane actions of the soldiers. Overall I enjoyed the film...
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment